Today I have an really great DIY courtesy of Kirsten from Studs and Pearls. I’m honored to have her sponsoring me this month because her blog is one of my favorites :)! Be sure to head on over to her blog and see all of her other great projects. She’s in grad school yet she still finds time to do an array of seriously creative projects FREQUENTLY. I’m done gushing, I’ll let Kirsten take over now…
Teardrop Leather Earrings
I love incorporating different mediums into jewelry. This jewelry DIY uses scrap leather and paint to make a unique pair of bohemian-esque earrings. Enjoy! xo, Kirsten
– Scrap leather, color of your choice
– Gold acrylic paint, or any other metallic paint
– Sharp scissors
– Jewelry pliers
– Jump rings and earring hooks
– Headpins and beads of your choice
1) Cut out 2 teardrop shapes from the leather. I found it was easier to cut out two triangles, then trim them down from there.
2) Fold each teardrop in half and cut out another teardrop.
3) Brush some paint on the top of the teardrop. Let dry.
4) Carefully pierce a hole on the top of each teardrop, using a sewing needle or scissors. Attach a jump ring to each piece.
5) Slide some beads onto the headpins. Trim them down and form a loop using the jewelry pliers.
6) Attach to the jump rings, add the earring hooks, and close the jump rings. I ended up adding some chain onto mine!
Stay tuned because Kirsten is offering one of my fabulous readers an AWESOME giveaway. It’s something I wish I could win but I think that if I won my own giveaway that would be a little shady…right? Damn…