On a whim I bought a whole bunch of beads last week. I happened to pass by a bead store that was going out of business so I kind of get carried away and stocked up on all of these beautiful faceted beads. As soon as I got home I realized I had no way to create anything with them so after a quick trip to another bead store and Michael’s I was all set to make myself a necklace.
The best part? You can make one too! It’s so simple and the results are fabulous.
What you’ll need:
- beads of your choosing
- wire to string your beads
- 2 jump rings
- 2 crimping beads
- a chain
How to do it:
- Start by cutting your wire to about an inch longer than the length of all your beads. You want to have enough space to create loops on the ends so you can attach it to your chain later.
- Slide one crimping bead onto the end of the wire and create a loop by tucking the end of the wire through the bead. Crimp your first bead into place.
- String all of your beads onto the wire then finish the other end by repeating the same process with your crimping bead as before. When you are finished you should have your beads strung snugly on the wire with a loop on each end.
- Cut your chain to whatever length you desire. I like to wear longer necklaces so I cut mine a bit longer.
- Attach the chain to your beaded piece using your two jump rings. Pinch them closed with some needle-nose pliers and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous necklace!
I think this would make a great Christmas present for a that friend you bought a gift card for. It’s a little somethin’ somethin’ to show you care in addition to a generic gift. Yaaay Christmas!