1) I went to Chicago and ditched work and other “real-life-responsibilities” for four whole days.
2) I lost a few lbs walking around my favorite city.
3) I checked in to a hotel and opened the door only to find someone already sleeping in the room.
4) I had a fabulous birthday dinner with beautiful people from my college days.
5) I came home to a mailbox full of birthday cards.
6) My coworkers bought me yummy cupcakes and gave me wine.
7) I spent 3 hours reading magazines and drinking hot tea at Floriole.
8) I spent time with my love and soaked up lots of hand-holding, cheesy-joke-telling, and starry-eyed-smiles while I could.
9) Speaking of spending. I spent way more money than I should have.
10) I felt inspired by the cool air, the big buildings, the charming neighborhoods, and the amazing people from my past that still make time to connect with me even though I’m a thousand miles away. Aside from a case of post-vacation blues, I feel recharged and excited for life.